Thursday, January 26, 2012

20 + Five



I found myself sitting in the sun, feet dangling over a concrete wall with no one around.  Long overdue emotions erupted in the form of a vulnerability the likes of which I have not known for a long time.  I was swept back to a time when I was 5 or 6 years old.  I was wearing a green, collared shirt and it was picture day for kindergarten.  Amazing that I was at one time that little man.  I feel like that must have been a different life, or a different world.  That person was vulnerable too.  He had not yet built up the walls.  That version of me was innocent.  There in the sun I saw that person within me - vulnerable and innocent - a child lost in a world that he does not fully understand, and yet he still gets his picture taken none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers