Friday, January 6, 2012

Day the fifth

Today was a good one.

In academia the analytical knowledge reigns supreme.  There is little room for intuition.

 There is so much pressure in grad school to be theoretic and logically analytical that as an artist it is sometimes difficult because there are things that do not need to be explained, that are better because you do not need to over analyze them, having faith and just "knowing" are enough.

My friend Morgan has this great saying: "I like what I like, because I like it."

Today I am trusting my gut.  I am going to finish today's forms with matte, muted colors of my choice.  Why?  Because I think single, opaque colors can be beautiful, and express a lot of emotion, even if I do not want to talk about, or understand why.

(Do not get me wrong, I know there is much to be gained from understanding ones decisions, hence this project, but I also think that sometimes just liking it is enough.)  I also think that trusting yourself, and doing what you really like, especially those things that make you happy, is important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers