Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Side Note

To clarify the notebook is the real documentation tool.  I really enjoy the way in which it can be so patch worked, and I think there is something beautiful about how much life can be put into a journal.  They wear time so well with ink splotches, different ideas, some being spelled out very neatly others scribbled in haste, glued in photos, and in the end they gain a life of their own.  This is the part of art that we seldom see.  So much goes into the creation of art, but in the end only the objects are shown.  This project is a way for me to show more of my though process, and the art that happens while creating art.  

Also here is a photo that documents the process of creating the forms a little.  I use press molds, with all different types of clay.  The bigger molds need to sit for a while so the clay hardens up a little more, but the little ones are really fast.  I could probably make a large number of forms in one day, but it is hard work to push all the clay in and then clean up the forms when they come out of the mold, and so I have been making 2 of the bigger forms and 4 of the smaller each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers